a diary of what i love and what i do

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Moves you never seen before.


 thank you

for keeping me plugged in to my life line while i venture out in the world
for the prep before the turn and the spot to do it well
that everything can be an analogy for everything
the effortless poetry spoken in meetings
for a well fed soul
and a light feathered spirit
for the way he dances and when i think of it, i smile
for this very precious time of "firsts"
to get to know him yet feel like i've known him all along
for hella dollah dollah bills in my bra
to teeter back and forth between about me not about me
and end with not about me
at
all
a sponsor who calls me on my shit and then tells me how to own it
for the ugliest jacket i've ever seen and that being the meanest thing i will allow myself to say today
for steam rising from a hot cup of tea
ridiculously big mugs
standing on the corner waiting for the light
the wind blowing strong and closing my eyes
that all humans are emotional little beings
to be a regular joe
an alcoholic among alcoholics with no special super star sobriety
to create something really delicious just by following simple instructions
for tippy toe kisses
how we work together in the kitchen
to ask for things because i believe today that i am worth it
for everyday basics i try not to take for granted
a job with good people and flexibility
free coffee all day
a big comfy bed
money in the bank
a closet of cute clothes and shoes
a full head of hair
my free mac
a monthly $200 food allowance from the government
happiness that can't be bought
saying i love you as much as i feel it
to step into friend mode easily
to be in good company
kitty kats in clothes
a circle scarf i only kind of like
and to end in the words of drake :
i'm so proud of you
everything’s adding up, you've been through hell and back
that's why you're bad as fuck and you know you are