a diary of what i love and what i do

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can.


thank you

to be a regular joe
with regular sobriety
for the magnificent mediocrity of life
that he showed up to be a part of something that is important to me
to pay attention to the actions
instead of my head, the story, the words with nothing behind them
needing less by giving more
the phone ringing
the many faces in aa
light behind the eyes
direct deposit
the heater on blast
making the call to make the amends
being ready on god's time
that i can skip my character defects when i keep it simple
for endorphins kicking in after a 20 second hug
sparkly banana ornaments
not asking anyone to be different for my sake
asking god to love what is
that when i can get real honest i can get real help
my sponsor still breaking it down after all these years
enough pain to do the things i normally wouldn't
for the ham sandwich analogy
no crying over spilled coffee
for daily victories small and large that need no recognition
taking advantage of each second to turn it all around

god....