a diary of what i love and what i do

Monday, November 21, 2011

all signs point to ---> time to grow the fuck up


thank you

that this blog has turned into a gratitude diary
to let it be what it is. cie la vie.
to be just tired enough to tame my perfectionism
for my sponsees coming and going and growing and changing
that i get to be a part of something like that all because i drank too much
for the invaluable time and wisdom and heart between two alcoholics just trying to get one more day
for milo's wet lashes and teradactyl cry
two men in my kitchen cooking a delicious dinner
for wall to wall carpet
an apt priced a touch to high
and cold feet
but a quiet street
family as my neighbor
a bathtub
and god figuring it all out for me
for the dust from my past kicked up
that there are just some things in this life i may never understand
leaps of faith in love
that my baggage is coming with me until it's not and i don't get to choose when
old nests and new nests
to be grateful for all that i get to experience
for licked lips
side glances
happy dances because the food is so damn good
happy dances because you're so beautiful
a body to move in
love in
live in
that she said "the answer is somewhere there inside of you waiting to come out"
and i suspect she is right
taking leaps of faith in love
throwing out the rule book and the lesbian standards
for knots in my hair
the little tingle down there
for electricity running through the human body
the way he looks at me sometimes
for the hopeless romantic in me
and the little scared girl in me
for nail clippers
stretched leather
taking time away from my phone
and paying attention to what is right in front of me
squiggly light bulb wires
long brown straight hair
white foam bubbles on a black countertop
shades of pink in the sky
a wired haired dog wearing a raincoat
someone to love
things my iphone app could never give me or do for me
for a desire to be here
for all that is possible