a diary of what i love and what i do

Friday, October 21, 2011

Here Kitty Kitty.


thank you
to want reality just a smidgen more than fantasy
to want to love this more than that
for the word 'smidgen'
four big soft brand new pillows
all white sheets
picking diamonds off the clouds
dew drops on green leaves with red veins
for the platforms of which i can relate to you with
a fuck yea dress
warm yellow fuzzy hoodie
to let myself sleep in
a morning of missed flights
an undeveloped snuggle
the slow roll out of bed
for confident hands cutting my hair
and gentle hands touching my body
to air on the side of too many talks because we care and because we can
for my plans and shit! i'm even laughing at them
living some minutes in this life like i have nothing to lose
except my pride (and you know this man!)
to let tea do the trick
that i can do my weekly budget sober
a friend on the other line telling me all the things i thought i needed to hear from someone else
and realizing it's all god anyway, i'll take it.
for alcoholics, the toughest, most sensitive of crazy fucks
that "yes, i am one of those people"
taking things off of the table for him
to be so many things in one body
to choose to not turn a blind eye so i can work with reality
to know that everything passes
to remember to pay more attention
god is in the details