a diary of what i love and what i do

Friday, September 9, 2011

trying to make a dollar out of 15 cent


thank you god
for the humble hustle to make rent
to pay the phone
to get fed
and knowing all along that i am taken care of
for the healing power of love songs and dick
combined with prayer and looking at where my feet are
for the pause before the text
a decade between us
a kiss on the dance floor
to have met some of the most funniest people on the planet
for unmeasurable love i feel for my ho's
a finished essay
for the margins
to be back on top of my school game
and a couple notches down with the x game
for the way the cookie crumbles
that it isn't just about the curriculum, it's about the discipline
that my dog is a sun junkie just like his mommy
for the way i move from my hips to my fingertips
or more so the way my higher power moves within me
for animation you can touch
midnight soaks
bathroom acoustics
that i can quit a job with grace instead of get drunk and not show up
for the hannah the barbarian
to imagine pain and discomfort as wood burning up in my chest
the embers lighting me up from within
for the word : transmute
that i get to show someone from my past life this new way of life
for his smile and familiarity
for the camaraderie that comes with surviving the gates of death known as alcoholism
to still be in love with being sober after all these years
for what's in my heart rather than my head
that sometimes the best answer about what to do is : NOTHING. DO NOTHING.
"my creator i am now willing that you should have all of me. good and bad."