a diary of what i love and what i do

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.



thank you

for things slowly coming to the light
that pain brings tears to clean the windows
take away the bottle and out comes grace
anger replaced
comfortably fitting into the nice ass jeans
not caring about things not worth caring about
the bus stop
itchy feet
the moments adding up
a nice quiet studio apartment to be still in
taking up the whole bed all to myself
a job which means an income
to be humbled by simple mistakes made at work
for people using their hands as they talk
major things happening in 3's
to redefine friend
to redefine me
to redefine us
out with the old in with the new
taking the title out of it
to be kissed. passionately.
hella years in the making
and oh how the tables have turned
for what comes naturally
that there is something higher and bigger behind everything and it ain't me
to do whatever i want without the good and bad attached to it
to just get real and conscious
relationships - a bitch and a blessing
for my sponsees. their dope lifesavers.
that my little heart is able to love many
that after the sad songs
the burning behind the eyes
the heavy chest
the sandbags in my shoes
and the pain
comes
the first healthy meal and appetite
the first solid sleep through the whole night
a mourningless morning
the excitement for the mystery
that sometimes typing a list while listening to music feels like making music live
for messy side braids
the midnight shuffle to the bathroom
cupcakes for breakfast (don't judge me)
half eaten corn thrown back in the bowl
a blip on the radar
finding new friends in old friends that were there all along
for times when we can't stop laughing and we don't really know why
for the way you come through
31 and still having firsts
for pyscho and 'sike! ho'
a ha ha you like me voicemail
the banana and the bunny - the unconventional love story
a chance to close my eyes to feel the view and let the wind gently hug me
to be committed to me at this moment in time