a diary of what i love and what i do

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ride the wave you're on. Not the one that's gone.


thank you

for my favorite line "and then i woke up"
a sponsee's list 
making my heart swell with love for life
and motivating me to write one myself
for how contagious god is
to redefine happy - no need for balloons, material possessions, a fluffy bank account, nicely packaged circumstances
just to be here now wherever that it is completely exactly the way it is
that i can't fake what is important to me
a weekend dedicated to homework
to shut up and show up to the tea party
this shit ain't about me
for the high note
tears from laughing
a single flea bite on my cheek
the house to ourselves, my buddy and me
the fun of knowing that people like oprah and johnny depp live on the same planet
a ticket to mexico
that i can count on god to make waves 
to reconnect
for all his exclamation marks
purple pens
pizza magnets in the mail
roller skates with no brakes
my sweet 21 year old
not taking on other people's shit
to be the watcher and the reader
not the writer and certainly not the director
to be so in love with us.
a melted chocolate chip on my white dress not being the end of the world
that i learned to not sweat the small stuff
for the way milo studies my face and i don't know who is more mesmerized, him or me, and i don't care
for football players; gladiators of our time
butts in spandex
the smell of sweat
a new found freedom
for the first time, not running into the arms of another
to have a desire to spend some time with me as me, not me and "enter name here"
for the cut and paste
to let go of getting approval 
the all inclusive gratitude list
that i didn't fall for the gift with the price tag and just handled my business like a grown woman
the urban outfitters catalouge
to stand outside waiting for a pigeon to deliver my email
for jokes on repeat.
that my money maker is also my happy shaker
that i got another sober day in my pocket
that my drinking was but a sympton
for love.
i'm swimming in it.