a diary of what i love and what i do

Friday, December 16, 2011

All of me.


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
Marilyn Monroe

thank you

for the experience of my fears stealing the day away from me
that without sleeping i would never get to wake up
that without getting lost i would never get to be found
for needle and thread and that i know what to do with them 
for sounds i hear in daily life that reflect what's going on inside
for warm group hugs
that kyle says the sweetest things to me
to receive gifts from the doors that are open
to recommit 100% to this moment 
for authenticity
to have my hand held
to be asked about my day
the chance to practice giving myself the love and acceptance i seek
dirty sex. whatever that may be.
becoming painfully aware of the story i hang onto
that i'd rather be happy than right
for a couple of bucks in my pocket
a curling iron and a can of aqua net
that with god i am enough today
dirt under my nails
unshaven puss
pimple on my chin
abandonment issues
spotlight on my imperfections
an allergy to alcohol
for the flip side of all those things
a spank because i'm naughty
a slap to wake the fuck up
a kiss for love
thank you god for this experience of heaven here on earth.