a diary of what i love and what i do

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

all we have to do now is take these lies and make them true somehow all we have to see is that I don't belong to you and you don't belong to me freedom


"welcome to the new chapter in your life" flowers just in time
paper so old it turns yellow
that pain recognizes pain
and light attracts light
that every once and a while the ouch settles in
but like everything else in this life, it passes
trees swaying outside windows
help coming out of the woodwork
that bananas can peel just like onions
wide leg cotton pants to live in
letting myself feel it
letting go of being special
commitments that get me to a meeting when i don't want to go
for treated alcoholism
lil wayne pandora radio
crunchy leaves crumbling in my hand
a tennis racket, a bed and a lot of anger to swing with
being able to stop when i've had enough
that i don't have to be superhuman, i can leave that to the pros
that i've made it through so much
"but i couldn't do it all alone. WE."
that sometimes the fork in the road is being paralyzed at the top of the stairs
calling a friend and asking what to do
to wiggle my toes
for ho's in tow
to weep and smile and sing and dance simultaneously to george michael
to know if i want things to be different, i need to start doing things differently
to do the unfamiliar and uncomfortable
the difference between secrecy and privacy
for the texture of tapioca in my mouth
the feeling of a warm cup of coffee in my hand
for thin walls and insane thoughts
building my faith rather than my case
to be in pain yet still be awake
birds flying on a telephone wire through the reflection
weeds in a vase
white tiger patterned nails
the convenient enemy
the higher self
that i already know i'm awesome, god just gives me little reminders that i'm going to be ok