a diary of what i love and what i do

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 24th 2011 : To Love Than To Be Loved


thank you
for the chance to be a part of something special
to find what i can bring instead of take
that it's not about me, it's not about me, it was never about me
that once upon a time, no one would dare ask me to be a part of something really important to them.
oh how things have changed.
for the program. i owe my life to it.
working with others because you told me to
but you never told me i would get to work out all the shit inside of me too.
to wake up to the sounds of nature
for a bed of pillows
tears of happiness
a hand to hold
windy god hugs
the heart on her back
the love in her heart
a chair that looks empty but is filled with his spirit
for how far we come if we just keep showing up
the family that cooks together loves together
top notch service
a plate of berries
a never empty cup
that we didn't need bubbly champagne to celebrate
for prickly thorns from rose stems
comfort in my own skin
the tiny details and finding god there
golf carts
the family dynamic
the happy couple
that the ever after is here. now. wake up!

that as i lay me down to sleep and go through the day i think "gift. gift. gift."