a diary of what i love and what i do

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

are you picking up what i'm putting down?

the sensations of holding a pee and not knowing if i'm gonna make it
then, making it.
sneaking into the same pool we've been sneaking into since high school
no crying over spilled diet coke
a loud fart received by a stranger with just a glance and a smile
for tanned legs
big billowy shirts
goodbyes on bart
showing up for class prepared and stress free
taking these new tools out into the rest of the world
that he is still sexy to me after all this time
that the rhythm of typing on a keyboard sometimes feels like playing the piano
for this new place i am at in my life
a place i've never been before
exciting and scary
that each moment is unique
invitations to speak and give back to meetings that saved my ass
or meetings that i've never been to before
for the aim of my message : the truth
even when it's unraveled and messy
for the urge to bite into someone because they look so damn good
to run into a couple of people i think of as beautiful with their new braces
endive leaves filled with summertime yummyiness
that sometimes just listening is the best i can do
for florence and the machine
for the visual of god laughing at me while i make plans
a best friend who knows knows me
for her success
for her art
for how she sees the world
that she's got my back through heaven and hell
and she's got me back from the gates of death
thank you god for this little kitty's bonus round at life